What the....???

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do you see this? This is the amount of snow that was on the ground in lovely Colorado Springs this morning.Yep. It's about 2.5 inches.


See this? This is a picture of my kids at about 9:30 this morning...enjoying their first snow day EVER. It's almost like Christmas!

Clearly, we have moved to the land of winter wimps! Cancelling school for 2.5 inches of snow? Seriously...

I can think of ONE...yes...ONE time during my childhood that school was cancelled. And it wasn't even for snow. There was a big wind storm and the power was out. And yes, I used to walk uphill both ways to and from school in the blinding snow! :)

I guess maybe the reason school gets cancelled at the drop of a hat (or 2.5 inches of snow) here could be that the city doesn't seem to buy into the idea of plowing the roads.

All I have to say is...What the....???

2 remarks:

Dar December 12, 2007 at 12:25 PM  

Oh Mim, how cute is your family! What some darling photos... Love Natalie's missing tooth and Alex's slide show. Emily is growing up so fast and that cute little Todd! Thanks for sharing, we miss you. I look forward to seeing you all after Christmas.

Anonymous December 13, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Your blog cracks me up. I can just hear you saying all those things! The kids are too cute. I can't wait to see you all soon!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP