Halloween 2008

>> Monday, November 3, 2008



We had a great Halloween!

A cousin's cookie party (thanks Lori), pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating around our new neighborhood, and a yummy dinner afterwards.

And now...I leave you with a warning...

If I have to 'fix' a slobbery, sugar encrusted paper tube one more time, I'm going to stick a fork in my eye.

...and a public service announcement...

PLEASE...FOR THE LOVE OF PETE...DO NOT GIVE PIXIE STICKS TO TRICK-OR- TREATERS!

Thank you.

11 remarks:

Mother of the Wild Boys November 3, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Love the slideshow, your kids are so cute. I can't believe how grown up Alex is looking! And Todd is such a studly Superman. Nat & Em are just such beauties (even when dressing as a dead cheerleader!). Fun fun fun.

Sean November 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

Cute, Cute, CUTE! Did I mention those pictures were cute? And Sean wants to add that Nerds should not be given at halloween as well. They are, in his opinion, even more evil than Pixie Stix.

Dianne

Trent Megan and Kids November 4, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

I have to say that out of our whole stash i did not see one pixie stick! Yeahhhh. Even as a kid we hated getting those.
Cute kiddos love the costumes. Great ideas.

Cami November 4, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

I had lots of fun looking through the pictures. Cute costumes! I echo your dislike for pixie sticks! Luckily, my kids seriously got one each.

Sandra November 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Isn't it funny that they have a hard time eating those. I tell them so many times not to stick their mouths over it but to no avail they always get it slobbery. Thankfully we didn't have any pixies this year.

Shell November 4, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Looks like a successful Halloween! They all looked so cute in their costumes. And about the pixie sticks...apparently you didn't give your kids the Trick-or-treating lecture suggested by Felicia! If you had, you would be enjoying snitching small chocolate bars from the stash instead of fixing slobbery paper tubes!

Birgitta November 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Marianne...you always make me laugh with your posts! I love Halloween. We had a great time too

Marianne November 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Michelle~

I loved Felicia' lecture!

It does have one flaw though. It doesn't account for those darn "candy givers" (people who don't allow the kids to choose) or for "Evil Pixie Stick Overlords" who offer nothing but the offending sugar filled paper tubes.

:o)

Jenn and Rich November 6, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Amen to pixie stix. I hate when my kids get those. Love the costumes. The kids look great! Your house looks darling. I'd love to see more pictures.

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Pixie Stix are my favorite. I take them from the kids and eat them (all in one night). My kids know the rule.

Jessica Littlefield November 8, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

This has just reminded me that apparently Cache Valley is out of pixie sticks! We trick or treated for 3 hours and didn't come across one!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP