Merry, Merry Christmas
>> Tuesday, January 8, 2008
We had a wonderful Christmas.
It was different, and much quieter than we're used to, but still wonderful. This was the first time since Christmas 1998 (and back then it was just Kurt and I with baby Emily in-utero) that we've been alone...just us...on Christmas.
I'll admit that I had mixed feelings about going to Utah after Christmas rather than for Christmas. Kurt and I hashed it over and over and finally decided that we were better off doing our own thing and going "home" afterward.
We had a low key Christmas Eve dinner of chili-cheese potatoes, read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures, put out donuts and milk for Santa and reindeer food for the reindeer and tucked in for the night.
Emily, Natalie and Todd all slept together in Emily's room. As we were tucking them in, we reminded them that they couldn't just come barreling up the stairs in the morning...we didn't want them to see all the loot without us and the video camera. I told Emily to just stay on the stairs and call for me or to sing me a lovely Christmas wake up song.
At the delightful hour of 1:50 a.m., I was awakened by a trio of little sing-songy voices saying "Moooomm...wake up....it's Christmas!" Apparently I should have mentioned an appropriate time for the Christmas wake up song. :) After explaining, groggily, that yes indeed, it was morning... and yes, it was Christmas, but rather early for gift opening, I returned the Three Tenors (okay, sopranos) to bed. At this point, Todd refused to stay in his sleeping bag and consequently joined Kurt and I in our bed for the rest of the night...er...morning.
At a much more acceptable hour of 7:00 a.m we began our celebrating. It was a great day! After a nice brunch, we spent the morning playing trains and Diego, listening to music on our new mp3 players, streaking our hair pink and blue, singing karaoke, trying to dance like Hannah Montana, and laughing our heads off at Todd in the Hannah Montana wig.
Here are a few pics of our day.

1 remarks:
LOVE IT! This was our first year in the almost 12 years we have been married to stay at home and open presents too. We had a fabulous time together! Your kids are so dang cute...I love the updates!
Post a Comment