Emily is TEN!
>> Thursday, January 22, 2009
Dear Emily~
Happy Birthday, honey! TEN YEARS OLD. That's a DECADE, girl! I can't possibly be old enough to have a ten year old, can I? Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday you were a tiny baby, a crazy and talkative toddler, a preschooler, and an excited kindergartner on the first day of school. Now, you're a beautiful young lady with strong opinions, a great sense of humor and tons of dreams. Would it be alright with you if you stayed ten for just a few more years? ;o)
This year has been full of fun, changes and adjustments for you. You've handled them all so well...with courage and a positive attitude. Those two qualities will serve you well throughout your life. You've done a lot of things in a year's time and it's been so rewarding to watch as you accomplish the things you need and want to do.
I know Colorado was tough for you, but you made the best of it, and I'm proud of you for that. You were excited to move back to Utah...even though you knew it would be another change and more adjustments.
You worked hard and saved your money to buy your own plane ticket to Utah. You flew on an airplane for the first time...ALONE. I think that was harder on me than it was on you! :o) I was a bit nervous as I watched your plane take off, but mostly I was so proud of you for setting a goal for yourself, reaching that goal and then hugging me and marching confidently onto that plane without looking back! *sniff*
You started a new school...again. Your third one in just five years. You quickly made new friends and settled into your new situation. You are outgoing and enjoy spending time with people. I think you'll always remember "the best party ever"! Your friends are important to you and Daddy and I are so grateful that you've always chosen good ones.
You like to try new things. This year has been the year of musicals for you! Despite being a bit nervous about performing on stage for the first time, you enjoyed "Annie" so much! It was a good experience for you and you did such a great job! I can't wait to see you as a "Who" in "Seussical Jr.". You are a talented girl and I am thankful you are willing to develop your talents and share them with others.
You are growing up! I know that things can be hard and confusing at times, but I love your willingness to try a little harder and be a little better. Watching you grow, learn and form your own ideas and opinions is something Daddy and I enjoy. We hope you will always be strong, make good choices and stand up for what you know is right.
Natalie, Todd and Alex love you so much! They look up to you and follow your example. You are a good big sister to them (even when they get into your things and annoy you) and I appreciate that. I love it when you play with the boys without being asked. Thank you for being kind to Natalie and including her in many of your "big girl" things. You like to be the babysitter and I am so thankful I have you to help me.
Emily, we love you so much! You have a special place in our family. We are thankful for your strength, your determination, and (yes even) your stubborness. Your sense of humor {rabbit ears :o)} brings smiles and laughter into our home. Your example is one we are glad to follow. Here's hoping that your tenth year is the best one yet!
We love you, sweetie!
With love~
Mommy
Happy Birthday, honey! TEN YEARS OLD. That's a DECADE, girl! I can't possibly be old enough to have a ten year old, can I? Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday you were a tiny baby, a crazy and talkative toddler, a preschooler, and an excited kindergartner on the first day of school. Now, you're a beautiful young lady with strong opinions, a great sense of humor and tons of dreams. Would it be alright with you if you stayed ten for just a few more years? ;o)
This year has been full of fun, changes and adjustments for you. You've handled them all so well...with courage and a positive attitude. Those two qualities will serve you well throughout your life. You've done a lot of things in a year's time and it's been so rewarding to watch as you accomplish the things you need and want to do.
I know Colorado was tough for you, but you made the best of it, and I'm proud of you for that. You were excited to move back to Utah...even though you knew it would be another change and more adjustments.
You worked hard and saved your money to buy your own plane ticket to Utah. You flew on an airplane for the first time...ALONE. I think that was harder on me than it was on you! :o) I was a bit nervous as I watched your plane take off, but mostly I was so proud of you for setting a goal for yourself, reaching that goal and then hugging me and marching confidently onto that plane without looking back! *sniff*
You started a new school...again. Your third one in just five years. You quickly made new friends and settled into your new situation. You are outgoing and enjoy spending time with people. I think you'll always remember "the best party ever"! Your friends are important to you and Daddy and I are so grateful that you've always chosen good ones.
You like to try new things. This year has been the year of musicals for you! Despite being a bit nervous about performing on stage for the first time, you enjoyed "Annie" so much! It was a good experience for you and you did such a great job! I can't wait to see you as a "Who" in "Seussical Jr.". You are a talented girl and I am thankful you are willing to develop your talents and share them with others.
You are growing up! I know that things can be hard and confusing at times, but I love your willingness to try a little harder and be a little better. Watching you grow, learn and form your own ideas and opinions is something Daddy and I enjoy. We hope you will always be strong, make good choices and stand up for what you know is right.
Natalie, Todd and Alex love you so much! They look up to you and follow your example. You are a good big sister to them (even when they get into your things and annoy you) and I appreciate that. I love it when you play with the boys without being asked. Thank you for being kind to Natalie and including her in many of your "big girl" things. You like to be the babysitter and I am so thankful I have you to help me.
Emily, we love you so much! You have a special place in our family. We are thankful for your strength, your determination, and (yes even) your stubborness. Your sense of humor {rabbit ears :o)} brings smiles and laughter into our home. Your example is one we are glad to follow. Here's hoping that your tenth year is the best one yet!
We love you, sweetie!
With love~
Mommy


6 remarks:
Wow I was just thinking about your little baby you brought to my wedding reception. Big 10 she is so cute tell her Happy Birthday.
You are so good at the birthday letter to you kids. what a good mom you arez;) take care.
Happy Birthday Emily! Nice letter Marianne!
That was a great letter to your daughter! I don't think you look old enough to have a 10 yr old ;) I'm suprised you let her go on a plane alone too....that would make me really nervous. It's hard to know when they are ready for things like that...ya know what I mean?
Yes, Emily, you are truly a wonderful, amazing, special, smart, talented, beautiful girl. I love you...more.
Happy birthday, Emily! We love you.
Happy Birthday to a truly beautiful girl. :)
Post a Comment