"Crash"...Episode 437

>> Tuesday, April 14, 2009

*WARNING*

This is not a post for the squeamish or faint of heart.

Consider yourself warned.

If you continue reading this post, you do so of your own free will.

I take no responsibility for any adverse reactions to the content.

I mean it.

I'm serious.

Really.

I'd turn back if I were you!
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...



Alex tripped up the stairs last night and gave himself this lovely "smiley face" gash. He cried for approximately 47 seconds. Natalie and Todd cried for approximately 15 minutes. Emily was really upset. They were all VERY concerned about him.

I took him to the late night clinic. They rubbed on some topical numbing ointment and slapped on this lovely bandage.

Watching 'Curious George' while waiting for the ointment to do it's job. At this point Alex said, "I have a BIG band-aid! I'm all better. We can go home now."


Singing and laughing in the suture room. He was amazingly calm about the whole thing.

All done! And so brave. Once the trauma of the lidocaine shot was over, he held very still, but wouldn't stop talking. The doctor though it was hilarious that he had to ask him to stop talking so he could get the stitches in. It was a FIVE sucker performance!

All smiles now.

Calling Daddy to tell him all about it. "I did a GOOD JOB!"


No, dear. You may not ride home in the front seat.


Um. OUCH! It really looks much worse than it is. Try to focus on the long, thick, gorgeous eyelashes instead.


"This is my 'miker-tone' I will ting you a tong."



Stay tuned for our next episode...

I'm hoping it's not next week!

15 remarks:

Trent Megan and Kids April 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Eeeek! What a tough little man he is. I think I would have cried along with Todd and Emily :)

Hope he is okay

Cami April 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

Ouch! What a cute little guy. I love his songs and his "let me tee".

Sean April 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I hope he was tinging the "Garbage Man" tong in his miker-tone, it was very cute. The stitched-up version of his chin looked worse than the first picture. Ouch!

Mother of the Wild Boys April 14, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Poor guy! I'm glad that he was such a trooper about it. :)

Michele April 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

He is such a stud! He needs to talk with Uncle Jim about stitches. He has a story, or two, or 25! Yes they knew his name in the emergency room at PC when it was still in the Aves.
At least is it horizontal so it won't give him a divot in his chin. (Mine is horizontal and you can't see it unless you are looking for it.)

Steph's In Life April 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

Yup you're right I was shocked. Oh my that looks like it hurt. What a brave kid...I'm with your girls, I would have been bailing my eyes out. Give him a kiss for me.

Sandra April 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Ouch! The singing was so cute. It sounds just like my kids to say...let me see. They just want to watch themselves, it's so cute. I hope he heals quickly.

allison April 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

amazing.

Christensen Family April 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

What a cute little guy. gotta love stiches.

Berly April 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

OUCH!! Nicole did that same exact thing in the same exact spot on the first day of school when she tripped over a desk.

Lori April 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

That kid is amazing!

btw.....Happy Late Birthday!. I am a slacker of a sister in law. I hope you will forgive me.

Birgitta April 15, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Oh, dear that stinks! Did that happen on your birthday too? Poor little guy. I'm glad he it wasn't trauma the WHOLE time....it would have been with a girl!

Greg April 18, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

You've got a tough little guy there. I would have cried a lot longer than 47 sec!

Jen April 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

I have a scar in that same place! What a tough guy!!

Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Well Alex is DEFINETLY taking after his uncles! He only has 727 more stitches to catch up to them! What a little cutie. And the quotes your kids say crack me up! I could laugh all day at, "oh I didn't realize rice krispies were avalible! Perfect.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP