The First Snow of Winter

>> Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This is what greeted us on the morning of October 21, 2007.

Brrrr! I was not ready for snow. Seriously, we had been picking pumpkins out of the pumpkin patch in the sunshine the day before!

It was Sunday morning, cold, snowy and windy...and did I have tights for my girls? Well...not really. We went scavenging and found a slightly small pair for Natalie and a pair of nylons for Emily. Yet again, I lost the mother of the year award. ;)

Luckily the snow melted off within a couple of days and the weather has been unseasonably warm since then. However, we now have tights and are frantically working on getting the remainder of the boxes cleared out of the garage so we have a warm, dry place to park when the snow comes to stay.

I wonder how Colorado winters will compare to winters in the frozen north of Logan, UT? Stay tuned...

2 remarks:

Mother of the Wild Boys November 6, 2007 at 3:12 PM  

Tights.....ha ha. A mother of all boys never has to worry over such things!! :)

Congrats on the healthy snowfall, you might earn the right to complain more than me this winter....maybe just as much as me. :)

Miss you!

Steph Gittins November 29, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

Hey Shauntae, I was just thinking the same thing! "Tights? What are those? Oh yeah, I wore those when I was little..." At least you found some tights- I'd say that at least earns you Miss Congeniality!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP