Rerun

>> Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I love a good rerun. Re-watching shows from my childhood or shows that I've enjoyed as an adult is always enjoyable and nostalgic for me. I mean really, who doesn't love a rerun episode of Little House on the Prairie or ER?

Last night we had a rerun of this episode.

Unfortunately, it was not enjoyable or nostalgic for anyone.

Here's the proof...

Alex slipped and cracked his chin on the edge of the tub.

He screamed himself out and fell asleep.

Which ended up being okay because there was a 90 minute wait for an appointment at the local "URGENT" care.

When we arrived at the (non) urgent care, Alex was less than cooperative. Clearly, having a previous experience with this sort of thing did not work in our favor.

After three unsuccessful tries at the urgent care, we were (not very nicely) referred to this lovely establishment.
*Insert Mommy meltdown here*

We were not so happy about that.

Nope. Not happy at all.


I will interject here to say the people at the ER are good at what they do. Did you know you could pin down a flailing, screaming 2 year old with 1 bedsheet, 2 nurses and 2 parents? Well, you can. It isn't pretty, but it can be done.

Interestingly enough, an orange sucker and a cool "bracelet" seem to balance out the injustice of being pinned down and getting five stitches.

He doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

The Sally band-aid was a nice touch.

12 remarks:

Steph's In Life July 7, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

It's funny how a dum dum sucker makes everything better. Gosh sorry about the crash AGAIN. If you need a dinner brought in I'd be happy to order you a pizza.

Mother of the Wild Boys July 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

That little guy sure is rough n' tumble!

Lori July 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

I love Alex!

Jim July 7, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Go Crash!

Sean July 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

The finished product of this crash doesn't look nearly as bad as the finished product of the last one. Hopefully this chin bandage won't gross out any other kids who may be nearby.

Michele July 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

He is right on track to catch up to uncle Jim!

Sandra July 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Oh man! That poor kid. Poor Mommy! I would have broken down too if we were being shifted everywhere.

Birgitta July 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO WAY! How awful for everyone...I feel it for the mommy!

Berly July 8, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Nicole did the same thing to her chin...not fun at all. Sorry about the crash.YUCK!!

Jaynann July 10, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

something tells me this kid might be making many trips to ER. Atleast you have it on record. When he's a teenager you can use all those clips to show him how much he really does owe you for keeping him alive=)

Ivy July 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

I can't believe it! I would have a mommy meltdown too. The ER is not my # 1 spot to spend an evening!

The Smith's July 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

poor guy. I have also had my fair share of pinning down children. Just wait until they have stuffed something up their nose. Not a pretty sight.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP