Pikes Peak Library District...
>> Saturday, March 8, 2008

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...
1. You have 12 (yes, TWELVE) branches in the area.
2. You also have two Bookmobiles and an e-branch.
3. You have AWESOME story time for kids ages 3-7.
4. You have FABULOUS toddler time for kids ages 1-2.
5. You offer gobs of FREE special programs, clubs and classes for all ages.
6. You are hosting special activities during each day of Spring Break.
7. You let me check out 100 (yes, ONE HUNDRED) items on my account. (Not that I'm planning on it!)
8. You give a 3 day grace period on overdue items.
9. You have REALLY cool self-checkout stations...with built in stools for little kids.
10. You allow me to check out items at one branch and return them to ANY other branch.

5 remarks:
I remember when we lived in Colorado they had a million Libraries and we were always at one of them. Thats how it was in North Carolina also, and they would have tons of activities. So nice.
I love this post, it's so well written. You are the cutest!
That's so cool that ya'll have access to so many awesome places there in The Springs. :) We still miss you guys back here in The Bubble.
Luv ya Grrl!
Wow! We were exiled from the Logan Library when we moved, so I'm ready to sign up in Colorado Springs. Do they accept out-of-staters? A 10 hour drive for storytime might be a bit too long, though.
Wow I feel the same as Dianne, we were exiled to the North Logan Library which doesn't have that great of a selection. Wish Cache Valley could learn from Colorado and learn how to share!
There are definitely some lessons to be learned from the PPLD!
I mean sharing collections? *Gasp*
Letting all area residents patronize all library branches? *eek*
And did I mention the absence of the "storytime nazi"?
LOL!
The library system here is a nice perk.
Post a Comment