Spring?
>> Sunday, March 30, 2008
This post is coming to you from America's Best Value Inn, located in lovely, downtown Rawlins, Wyoming. :o)
We are on an extended Spring Break vacation... courtesy of blinding snow, major accidents and closure of I-80.
We're grateful that we decided to drop the bucks and get a hotel room right when we rolled into town rather than waiting to see if the road was going to open. We've heard all hotels are full and there are people sleeping at the local armory.
Crazy!
Cross your fingers that we can make it home tomorrow.

8 remarks:
Were you in Logan? I wonder if you will have snow in Colorado when you return. It was WAY depressing to wake up to it this morning.
What an adventure...I hope you get home ok! :)
PS-I went thru Rawlins with my dad once (his name is Rawlin), and then I got to endure the corny dad-jokes for the rest of the day..."You know this is my town, does that mean I get my IHOP breakfast for free? hee hee"
Yeah, funny dad.
I am thinking a hotel was a great plan. When we were stuck our car was really uncomfortable.
Wyoming is a famous place for getting stuck in the snow. We had to sleep at the Little America on our way to Missouri last year. I hope you make it back safe! I AM SOOOOO SICK OF SNOW! We need the water but I'd prefer rain now.
been there done that, I think it was at the same hotel.
We still haven't heard from you and we are really nervous about where you are. Roads are closed everywhere. Please, Please, Please be safe and call home soon.
Hope you're home soon! Glad you have a safe warm place to be if you're still there.
Thanks everyone~
We FINALLY made it. See my new post for details...
Post a Comment