Moving...things that make you go...HMMM
>> Monday, June 9, 2008
For your entertainment, here are some things we experienced that just made us wonder. I've included a thought provoking question for each situation. Talk amongst yourselves...
- A man driving on I-25 with a mattress tied to the roof of his car with what appeared to be dental floss. The mattress was catching air so he had rolled down his window and was holding the mattress with one hand and driving with the other.
Which is worse...the possibility of losing the mattress and causing an accident or the possibility of causing an accident while holding it and driving? - A pickup truck full of large black garbage bags. One bag flew out of the back, hit the road and dried pine needles rained down on all.
Do you think that guy should have borrowed "mattress man's" dental floss? - A very large, taxidermied (is that a word?) elk wrapped in plastic and riding merrily in the back of a truck down the interstate. I thought riding in the bed of a truck was illegal.
Should that elk have been buckled up? - An old couple driving near Breckenridge in a convertible . IT WAS FREEZING! The old man was wearing a stocking cap, a scarf, a heavy coat and gloves. The woman was sporting mittens and a winter coat with the hood cinched up so tightly that the only visible parts of her face were her frozen nose and large sunglasses.
Why not just put up the top? - Exit 119 to "No Name".
Could that possibly be the exit to the infamous No Name City from the movie Paint Your Wagon? - A Ford Windstar with a blown tire pulled off to the side of the road 50 miles outside of Grand Junction, CO.
Did the driver wait for her husband to save the day, or did she change the tire herself?Just so you know...I can change a tire by myself.For safety reasons, my knight in shining armor forbade me to do so. :o) - A cash register at Cathy's Diner in Green River, UT showing a total of $36.37. The ordered items were: 2 corn dogs, 1 grilled cheese sandwich, 1 chicken malibu sandwich, 1 bacon cheeseburger, 1 order of fries, 1 order of onion rings and 5 waters. When the cashier was questioned about the accuracy of the total she replied..."Well, there's tax."
Is the tax rate in Green River, UT 100%? And...should employees of the diner be trained on the register before assisting customers? - A box we used for packing that was printed with the following...CAT 48 STORE IN FREEZER.
This begs the question...where are cats 1 through 47?

11 remarks:
Glad you made it safely. You so make me giggle!
Nobody can make me laugh like you! :D
YOU FUNNY! I enjoyed reading and contemplating your questions! I'm so glad you guys made it safely to Utah!
Sooo...did you change the tire? I'd like to hear more on that one... And, I'm so happy you're here in good old Utah!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH, What an entertaining road trip. Can I go with you on the next one?
i can't stop laughing...nor can I control my muscles that hold the pee back..specially after having three kids...you know how it goes..gotta go now!
You do have a great sense of humor! Glad you're back in the state!
We're glad you're back safe and sound despite the danger of the pine needles. Thanks for the laughs--we'll have to keep our eyes open for unusual sightings next time we take a road trip :)
Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad you are here...now what about Primary! Do you want your calling back?
You definitely had an interesting trip. How many times did the kiddos ask "are we there yet?" Mine have started asking such questions 1/2 block down the street, no matter where we are going.
I am glad you made it safely to Utah. What a trip!! Green River is one of the worst places to stop for food. Warren and I had the same experience one time when we stopped there. Again, tell me why is it soooo expensive?
Post a Comment