Nesting Nuisance
>> Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I did not stick my head out the window "a la Princess Giselle" and sing.
However, this...
is what is currently taking place on our front porch.
I am not anti-bird, but seriously...I'd love to be able to get in and out of the house without being dive bombed. I've removed the offending nesting material several times in hope that the "bird brains" will get the hint, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any great advice for a nice way to encourage our little woodland friends to nest elsewhere?

5 remarks:
Put a stuffed animal cat on the light.
Warren and I have the same problem. We actually had a bird fly into our house because it got lost. We have moved the material numerous times and they got the hint. But, I still hear them outside, so I wonder if they found another place not as obvious. I would put something on the light - like scarecrows work in gardens.
I have an idea--why don't you ditch the bird and move to Utah!?
We had a bird that would nest in the vent from our clothes dryer. We could never get rid of it... so we moved!!:)
I posted a solution with pictures on my blog for you. You're moving soon anyway....just let the birds set up house.
Post a Comment