And The Actual Retail Price Is...

>> Friday, March 13, 2009

$1.99 for the roses.

Thanks to Dan's floral department for announcing discounted roses over the PA system while I was pushing an overloaded "car cart" full of Todd, Alex and food storage up aisle one. A dozen gorgeous roses for less than two bucks seemed like a very appropriate way to reward myself!

Birgitta guessed "FREE" which was the closest guess without going over. Congrats, Gitta...let me know if you prefer Bob or Drew and I'll see what I can do! :o)

$50.00 for the swing set.

Thanks to Shannon, the nice KSL classifieds swing set lady, for selling the exact same swing set that cost us (and the Webb's) over $400 to build in Logan for a cool 50 bucks. Thanks even more for disassembling it and helping us load it into the truck. And for thinking my kids were cute even though they were in the truck yelling at each other and fighting.

Lori guessed $10.00 which was the closest guess without going over. I think Lori may actually prefer Neil Diamond over both Bob and Drew, but Neil wasn't part of the deal! ;o)

Yes, the roses were cheaper, but I'm betting the swing set will provide more fun value per dollar!

5 remarks:

Sean March 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

You're such a bargain shopper. Woo hoo on your great finds!

Dianne

Lori March 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I want a swing set for Will. May we can find me one for $50. That would be fun.
I still have a sander if you need it.

Birgitta March 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Yeah! But, who are Bob and Drew? Who is cuter??...I'll take that one.

Birgitta March 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

I went to the original post...I'm not sure either one of them is very cute. I say YOU kiss BOB...that's what I want for winning!

Marianne March 13, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

I've always wanted to be on the Price is Right...not necessarily so I could kiss Bob Barker though. :o)
It's entirely possible that he's a dirty old man that liked being kissed by all the female contestants way too much!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP