Never Forget
>> Thursday, September 11, 2008
I will never forget that day seven years ago.
The anniversary of 9/11 is bittersweet for me. I am still conflicted with feelings of anger, loss, fear, sadness, love, joy, patriotism, and forgivness. I know those events of seven years ago have changed me for the better.
Before that day, I thought of myself as someone who loved her country, was grateful for her freedoms, and was 'aware' of the cost of those things. It's like I didn't really know what I had until I almost lost it. And it still hurts that my innocent countrymen and women lost those things.
Now, I have a greater understanding of my freedoms, a deeper love for them and a resolve to make my actions consistent with my thoughts and feelings. And to never, EVER forget.
The anniversary of 9/11 is bittersweet for me. I am still conflicted with feelings of anger, loss, fear, sadness, love, joy, patriotism, and forgivness. I know those events of seven years ago have changed me for the better.
Before that day, I thought of myself as someone who loved her country, was grateful for her freedoms, and was 'aware' of the cost of those things. It's like I didn't really know what I had until I almost lost it. And it still hurts that my innocent countrymen and women lost those things.
Now, I have a greater understanding of my freedoms, a deeper love for them and a resolve to make my actions consistent with my thoughts and feelings. And to never, EVER forget.


3 remarks:
Thanks for your awesome words. I wish I could cry right on your shoulder today. Love you Grrl!
thanks for the touching words- it's a day that non of us will every forget - nor should we. Miss you!!!!!
Thanks, Marianne for the patriotic words. I'd share my experience yesterday with Jessi here, but it's too long, so I believe I'll head on over to my blog for a Patriot Day post of my own, inspired by you.
Dianne
Post a Comment