Death by Chocolate

>> Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Mom and my Grandma spent a couple of hours at our house last week. It's always fun when Nanna comes, but my kids don't see my Grandma very often, so it was extra fun for them to play a bit of "catch-up" with her.

Todd was especially enchanted with Grandma...she read him lots of books, told him stories and listened to him chatter about whatever came to his mind. They talked about how he was young and she was old. She showed him how to count to 82 and compared that to the four fingers he uses to show everyone how old he is. At one point, their topic of conversation turned to what treats were the yummiest. Grandma loves sweets and Todd has a bit of a sweet tooth himself.

I joined the conversation to tell Todd about my memories of Grandma's "treat drawer". I told him when I was a little girl, the bottom drawer in Grandma's kitchen was the treat drawer. I would ask Grandma for a treat and she would say yes. There were lots of yummy treats in that drawer, but most of them were chocolate of some sort! I would choose my treat, eat it and ask for another. The answer was always yes. After all, what are Grandmas for?

Todd was pretty impressed with the story. He's looking forward to the next time we go to visit Grandma. Not only because he enjoys her company, but also because he likes chocolate.

In fact, I think he's picked out his inheritance from her. A couple of days later he said this to me...

"Can I have her chocolates when she dies? 'Cause she's old!"



*Title inspired by Lori...Thanks!* :o)

7 remarks:

Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

Sounds yummy to me. Death by Chocolate!

Birgitta September 26, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Don't you just love what kids say?? They really make me laugh.

Sean September 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Will Todd share with me?

Sandra September 26, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Thats funny! I remember my Grandpa giving us peanuts whenever we visited. I still can't eat peanuts without thinking of him.

Cami September 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

I love this story! Kids are the best! Their thinking is just so matter of fact isn't it?

Trent Megan and Kids September 26, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

My Grandma had a candy jar with hard candy in it!! You have to give Todd credit for not saying that directly to Grandma ;-)

Rachel September 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

That is awesome. I want some of Grandma's chocolate too! Todd is a smart boy!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP