Chivalry Is Not Dead

>> Friday, February 20, 2009


I wish I would have had my camera with me last night!

After a wonderful evening at the temple as a Relief Society presidency, we headed to Applebee's for a late dinner meeting.

If only I could have captured the astonished looks on our faces upon being told by our waitress that...

"The two gentlemen in that booth over there have picked up your tabs for this evening."

What?

Are you serious?

Who does that?

Wow!

The men got up to leave shortly afterward and the four of us called out slightly flustered thank you's. They responded with smiles and waves as they headed out the door.

I am still flabbergasted! And grateful. And feeling a sort of renewed faith in people.

Talk about a random act of kindness.

I can't wait to pay it forward!

5 remarks:

Lori February 21, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

That is awesome! Did they think you were single? Or were they just nice? That is way, way, way awesome.

Christensen Family February 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

That is so AWESOME!!!! for someone to do that when times are hard for alot of people is a very wonderful thing!! There need to be more poeple like that around. I can't wait to hear what you do to pay it forward.

Adrianne February 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I always wish that that would happen to me, but I haven't been that lucky yet! hope you got dessert!! (hehe)

Sandra February 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

AWESOME!!! You must be some hot chicks he he. Thats really cool.

Cami February 22, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

Very cool! I guess you never know how the blessings of temple attendance will be manifest.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP